19 December 2006

The business value of Operational Intelligence?

A month or so ago I started looking for additional background info on the business value of Operational Intelligence. I wanted to know for instance how much time the average 'knowledge worker' looses each day, when using inefficient ways of looking for information. In October 2006, Butler Group published a report on exactly this subject: Enterprise Search and Retrieval

Apparently organizations waste 10% of the salary bill when searching for information! So there's an immediate savings opportunity... However, my gut feel tells me that the biggest impact is not in efficiency but in improved quality and speed of decisions. However I'm still looking for metrics to support this. Please leave a comment if you know of any related research.

No comments: